Five Signs it’s Time to Fire Your Texas Divorce Lawyer
Most Texas divorce lawyers are dedicated professionals doing the best they can in challenging cases. But the client is still the boss. You deserve a Texas divorce lawyer you trust, and if you don’t feel you’re getting that, it may be time to look elsewhere. Before you do, take a moment to contemplate whether the problem is your lawyer, or a mismatch in expectations. Then consider these five reasons to fire your divorce lawyer:
- Your lawyer has violated your confidentiality, taken actions to undermine your case, or shared personal information with the other side without your consent.
- Your lawyer does not understand or agree with your parenting style. You need an attorney who understands how you parent your child, and why you make the decisions you do.
- Your lawyer has been unfair in their billing practices, or has engaged in bait and switch tactics. For example, you don’t know what you’re being billed for, are being billed at a higher rate than you were originally promised, you’re being billed for work you haven’t seen, or you think your lawyer is engaging in busy work to artificially inflate your bill.
- Your lawyer is cruel to you or your family. A good lawyer will tell you when you’re wrong and recommend an alternative approach. But your lawyer should not berate you, insult you, or threaten you. To save time, your lawyer might encourage you to be more succinct or tell you when it’s time to move onto another topic. But your lawyer should not tell you to shut up or refuse to listen to anything you say.
- Your lawyer has missed filing or other deadlines and, in so doing, endangered your case. If this happens, you might have a case for legal malpractice, and may need a lawyer who specializes in this issue.
Contact Us Today To Meet With A Family Law Attorney
FORT WORTH OFFICE
FORT WORTH OFFICE
2630 WEST FREEWAY, SUITE 218
FORT WORTH, TX 76102
128 E. TX. Street
Grapevine, TX 76051
FORT WORTH OFFICE 2630 WEST FREEWAY, SUITE 218 FORT WORTH, TX 76102
GRAPEVINE OFFICE 128 E. TX. Street Grapevine, TX 76051
The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.